- You may apply any semester and enter the program in the fall, spring or summer semester. Each campus has different admissions deadlines.
- Your general education courses need to be completed before you begin nursing coursework.
- You must have an Associate of Science Nursing (ASN) or nursing diploma. Check with your closest campus for accreditation requirements.
- You must hold an unencumbered RN license in the state you are practicing and/or plan to meet your practicum requirements.
- You must have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale from your ASN or diploma program.
- You must comply with immunization, CPR certification, health insurance coverage, and complete a national criminal background check.
- You may have up to six (6) special credits earned toward degree completion. The remaining 30 credits, including Capstone and electives, must be taken through Indiana University in order to meet the residency requirement.
What you need to know to apply
Admission deadlines are different each campus for new and transfer students, please check with the campus you plan to enroll
|Session I begins:||January 13, 2020|
|Session I ends:||March 8, 2020|
|Session II begins:||March 11, 2020|
|Session II ends:||May 3, 2020|
|Session I begins:||May 12, 2020|
|Session I ends:||June 23, 2020|
|Session II begins:||June 29, 2020|
|Session II ends:||August 10, 2020|
You apply to your home campus for admission and when you meet the requirements mentioned above, you will be admitted to the RN to BSN Degree Completion Option and can begin taking general education courses.
Once you have completed general education coursework, you may begin taking nursing courses. The home campus is the location from which your diploma will be issued and where you will receive academic advising as well as student and technical support.
If you are ready to apply, locate the campus closest to you for an advisor.
More questions? See our list of frequently asked questions by prospective students.
For information about our Nursing Graduate Programs: see all our campuses that offer a master's degree.